I’m assuming that it’s just my family that reads this blog and so I’m sure that it comes as no surprise what I’m choosing to blog about- The Boy. For those of you that are unfamiliar with the boy I’m dating or even surprised to hear that I have a boyfriend I encourage you to read on and it’ll become clear why this is such a perfect companionship. The boy’s name is Eric Bradford Nielson. His personality is almost identical to mine (so it’s like hanging out with another me- which I really enjoy). However we have something just a bit different- our style. While driving in the car one day I mentioned that my sister, Shaunelle, wanted me to go shopping for her new apartment with her because we have similar styles. Eric, perplexed, asked me what my “style” was. I fumbled around trying to explain it but I think I got the image across. Eric then (with a face that makes it easy to imagine what he looked like as a little boy) determinedly stated, “Well, I want a style.” I cleverly told him that he could share my style (thinking that if we got married it would make decorating quite easy). However, that wasn’t good enough for him and he stated that he wanted his own style. After thinking for a while he decided on his style- it was just like my style, just tweaked. He then continued to carry his “new style” into my dream wedding plans that I had divulged to him earlier. He started explaining his dream wedding… and it was just like mine, just tweaked. Instead of a typewriter for the guest book he wanted a computer, or people to text in their congratulations. Instead of a receiving line at the wedding he wanted to do it all virtual, over webcam. Instead of sending out invitations he wanted to email them. Where I want a vintage wedding, he wants the same thing, just tweaked into a futuristic wedding. Luckily I know him well enough to know that he is kidding…. I hope :)
I bet Eric would have written a post just like this...just "tweaked" a little. :) I just love you guys together!!
ReplyDeleteSooooooooo when is this wedding again?!? ;)
ReplyDelete